Sculpted joy

Awesome! Are the braids sculpted in Nomad? If so…how the hell? :smiley:

No, I was to lazy. Later I found some tutorials. I used a mcg script for 3Ds max and imported it into Nomad. There I added some tubes for final strands and for head hair. It could have been done in Nomad. But yeah, tedious.

That’s the most promising tutorial I found:
Braid tut for zbrush
Should work with Nomad as well. Needs some precise work that auto welding will work later.

Here are some more renderings with better lights.

7 Likes

WIP. Different stylised hair approaches. What do you like more? :point_left: Left or :point_right: right or :point_up_2:centre? Left are tubes, invalidated so far. Will get a bit more touch ups, but not to much. Right is Dyntopo mesh. Centre and moustache are simple spheres with some creasing. Man! I just wanted to create something to test my clay matcaps and now he is staring at me all day long! :joy:

14 Likes

Visually the right looks better and the clay matcap is so cool, I will love test it too :wink:

Looks like a I am on a complete different way now. :roll_eyes:

17 Likes

Takes a lot longer, but the results seem to be well worth it.

1 Like

The first one is stylised, as the second one is realistic. The realistic one is more impressive!
Veri nice work!

1 Like

In fact, I tried so much with stylised hair using tubes etc., that realistic hair is refreshingly fast done. :joy:

I like it more as well. As it is just for me, not for print or anything else - so what!

Really amazing work - stylized and real approach as well. Same goes for the female bust. Awesome.

1 Like

wow, very cool and realistic, congrats!
Using tubes?

1 Like

No, planes.

oh ok ok, then is super fast

Well, no. But faster then tubing every single strand.

Wooooooooooooooow :astonished::hushed::+1::ok_hand:

Wow! Lots of awesome work since i last visited your thread! :fire::fire::fire::fire:

Uhhh, that makes me smile. Thank you!

Swish! Nice work dude!!

1 Like

Something for inbetween……

HAPPY EASTER everyone :vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

Made another one the last weeks.

6 Likes

Can you share the grass used here !?