Professional 3D Scanner

A professional 3D scanner that improves your business process. The Scoobe3D is a world-exclusive handheld 3D scanner. This easy-to-use scanner can scan any material precisely, even reflective surfaces. The Scoobe3D GmbH is constantly working on a product that truly adds value. Their result: The Scoobe3D – A professional 3D scanner based on a new revolutionary scanning technology. With this portable 3D scanner, you can create seamless 3D models of any visible material and precisely scan reflective surfaces without having to post or pre-process them. At the bottom line, the Scoobe makes 3D as easy as 2D. Let us shape the future in 3D together!

I’m not sure how many people will buy a “hand held” sized scanner that requires positioning on a tripod, registration marks & subscription based cloud processing. There are many other self contained, hand held scanners on the market that don’t require subscription. Also there are 2 different methods to create scanned content using an up to date pro iOs device.

1 Like

The iPhone App EM3D lets you import .stl files for 8€, .obj. Files for 25€

All you need to borrow or to buy is an ipad pro or an iphone pro 12 or newer.
The results of a face scan are good enough for me.
For workflow, see here:

No need for paid apps. Scaniverse is free for all formats & gives best LiDAR results (imho). Polycam is also really good & exports for free to Nomad. 3D Scanner App does reasonable LiDAR & excellent TrueDepth scans.

When making a mask I tried all the free apps I could find, including the apps you listed. They were pretty good but I couldn’t get the accuracy I needed. I found EM3D and it was a bit better (and easier) than the others IMO. It only cost $6 to export unlimited STLs so not a big deal.

But yea, I generally agree, not much need for paid apps.

Please… tell us more…
:man_facepalming:

1 Like