Possible to export to blender - then import back to nomad ? Stuck

I’m working on a sculpt that needs curly hair - does any one know if I can export my sculpt into blender - do the hair and then reimport to nomad to paint?

Or if not is there a better way to do this - could I create the beard in blender and just import it into nomad to use on my sculpt?

Yes that is possible jut export like this

And then import in the same window

1 Like

Just export it out as .gITF or .OBJ, do what you need to in Blender, then bring back into Nomad same process.

1 Like

Thanks John - would something like a hair simulation in blender be too high poly to bring back into nomad? That was my concern that it wouldn’t handle it

Entirely dependant on the mobile device you’re using, if you’re on a 12.9 iPad 16GB RAM - Nomad can devour over 30M, if you’re using an android phone - well, not so much. RAM is the factor.

1 Like

That makes sense I think I’m running the same model as you m1 with 8 gb (128 gb version)

1 Like

Same one I use, yes, it can handle about 18-20M of just mesh (no pp, lights, etc.) at a real, and I mean a real push - it’s not territory to be in though as major problems start to occur at this boundary, as a rule of thumb I try not to go beyond 14M, if I do it’s only a mil or so over, and treading on egg shells so I can still texture, post process and light the scene.

1 Like

Thanks man appreciate that, my sculpts are usually pretty simple and that’s a good guideline to stick to.

This is the sculpt and ref. I was talking about for context - appreciate your advice.

1 Like

Looks great so far bud, keep at it - poly count is in a good area :+1:

1 Like

Thanks man appreciate it!

1 Like