Pixelated masks problem

Can somebody help me? Normally whenever I use the mask I get very pixelated. I don’t know how to remedy this …

It’s a little hard to see whats going on from the images, but masking is always going to dependent on your mesh topology.
Have you tried filling in again with a mask on the areas that were missed?

1 Like

I make a rectangular mask, and the selection comes out again and the result is not flat but a kind of pixelated or “saw teeth”. The topology menu is the one that I control for now. I have to experiment more …

1 Like

Are you printing these?
The sculpts look fantastic!

I haven’t printed anything yet, but I would like to.
I’ve only been with the 3D for 2 or 3 weeks.
If you want to print something I can pass you the files. :ok_hand::+1:

Hehe, I don’t have a printer.

If anyone in this forum has one, they should really set up shop! Could be a good enterprise :smile:

About the pixelated mask, I think a nice feature for Nomad to have would be if there was an option for the selMask to cut the mesh along the lasso (and others) line before the masking. It would also help make nice sharp extractions.

For simple extruding there would have to be a second cut, this could be tricky idk.

2 Likes

I agree.

I think it will only be a matter of time before we get some mesh slicing tools, since they are extremely handy for hard surface stuff, which I already see people are making.

1 Like