Hard Surface Detailing and Texturing In Nomad sculpt

8 Likes

Looks great! Do your recommend Valence 3D in combination with Nomad? I’ve been thinking about trying it, but haven’t pulled the trigger. I still haven’t purchased the Nomad remesher yet… Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

This looks outstanding. I’ll watch your tutorial

1 Like

Hi, it depends on what type of project you’re working on. If it’s for a game or movie, you’ll need clean topology , UVs , so starting off in a subd modeling software/app where you can work with vertex, edge and face individually makes more sense. But if its for 3D printing and it’s not gonna be imported in a game engine then you can create it in Nomad sculpt. I am loving Valence 3D so far and plan to combine both apps for future projects.

1 Like

Thank you !!

These shots look beautiful! Amazing work!

1 Like

I was curious how clean the quadremesher could make topology similar to this. Of course it will never beat hand modelling but I’m really impressed what it can do. I get best results by creating facegroups to define edge flow. I quickly tried recreating the wood part of the gun.
Here’s high poly with facegroups

And here’s after quadremeshing…not perfect but close! Anyway really great model.

1 Like

Thank you !!

Looks great !!

It’s outstanding! the textures are super! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thank you !!