Four Moons - Tales of Occi

I have started building concepts and props for my solo game project in Nomad. I’d like to share the journey as my growth in both art and game development grows stronger for each and every day.

I don’t expect to make a complete game for the time being, a quality game or anything like that really, I am just in it for learning for now.

Here’s a couple of examples to kick things off:

You can follow my journey here:

https://www.instagram.com/talesofocci/

5 Likes

You got off to a great start, nice job! :muscle:

1 Like

Thanks Buddy!!

Here’s a coverart I created for the website I am constructing.

Hope you like it!

3 Likes

Cool and excellent models. Foreground, background is maybe something you could have a look on again. Everything has visually same importance, which makes it harder to read as necessary. His right arm gets almost invisible to me. Just my feelings.

2 Likes

Any tips on how to add depth without using Depth blur in a matcap mode? Perhaps I might do some 2D editing and layering?

Here are a few character and creature model sheets

5 Likes

I think it could be enough to remove, reposition the tree in back of character. Second, some post production with foreground mid and background could be a good idea. Just some thoughts.

Try the camera settings (perspective mode + Vertical Flov), to give it some depth…

1 Like

A little repositioning and a frame with the base colours on additive with low opacity to create atmospheric depth, maybe I’ll do some more but I’m actually very satisfied with this! Thanks for your pointers guys!

4 Likes

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :open_mouth::open_mouth::hushed::astonished:

1 Like

Latest guy is this little thief. Here’s the Hemeian Goblin from my book!

3 Likes

Today I am presenting to you our smaller friend, the forests watcher! This is a Hemeian Leafsprite.

3 Likes

Ranch part 1

4 Likes

This is Ydrin Stonefeather, warchief of Akaeth.

3 Likes

Been too lazy to post here, but this is the most recent creature/character!

1 Like

Progression:

4 Likes

My latest character/demon creature.

This is Ah’zor-Gol, “Consumer of Heavens” in Sanoan. A demon who slayed and merged the souls of the three heavenly gods together, the god of wind, rain and thunder into his own vessel.

4 Likes

First render looks great! A strong character.

1 Like

Thanks bro! :heart: