Change color of already painted parts?

I’m not really sure how the materials work… is it like “paint” and not like materials as in other 3D programs?

What I mean, I have a color, I then paint the object, and if I want to change the color of the object I have to paint it again with an other color? So changing the materials does not change the materials already added to objects?

Jorgensen

1 Like

me again, you paint on a layer then in the parameters of the paint tool you check the Layer Filtering box so you can repaint the areas you painted before without overflowing, it works a bit like a mask.

1 Like

Now that was interesting :slight_smile:

Thanks Stefano.

Jorgensen

Ok I have now been playing around with the layers.

I have an engine model, where I have painted some “glow” inside / coming out of the engine. So it’s a painted part of an object, painted on a layer. And I can turn on and off the glow, just fine.

Now i wanted to test with an other color, and I thought I could just duplicate the layer, and then fill it with an other color, but that paints the whole engine, not just the glow.

I guess the best solution would be to have the glowing part of the engine, to be a separate object - or what would be the best why to handle it? :slight_smile:

Jorgensen

The best solution is like you said, paint the reddening parts

1 Like