Can I brush in one axis direction?

I tried brushing with the axis fixed on the silhouette.
The face does not extrude in only one axis direction, but in the normal direction of the face.
It initially protrudes along one axis, then swells to the side of the protruding surface, and gradually spreads out to the side.

What I want is to make it stick and extrude in only one axis direction.

What should I do?

Firstly there is no real extrude in Nomad. One way to do extrude is with dyntopo mode so that new faces are added as you move.

Anyway, if you donโ€™t move the camera during move/extrude then the move will happen only in the plane of your view. Turn perspective off and youโ€™ll get flat moves every time.

If you want axial only movement, a method, you could mask the area to move, invert mask, then use the gizmo arrows to move faces along axis. Iโ€™m not sure why this is important to you but Iโ€™ve seen you post here and in the discord several times so must be somethingโ€ฆโ€ฆnobody else has ever asked for this โ€œmove on axisโ€ thing so Iโ€™m just curious as to why? The end goal might be something easily achieved with another method that already exists.

Sorry for my bad english. I just used a translator KOR To ENG.

โ€œExtrudeโ€ is not word exactly what I want to say.

So I saw your replied at the discord early. and you mentioned same again.

This question posted early than discordโ€™s post.

I had want to say โ€œpush outโ€. not the โ€œextrudeโ€. and I want just change the direction of push out the surface through the specific axis direction not the surface normal direction.

Please do not mention about the movement or transform or Dynatopo. Itโ€™s all far away from my queston.

Eng is so hard to meโ€ฆ alwaysโ€ฆ sorry.

If you know the Blender then it would be more easy to understood. Sculptโ€™s brush setting โ†’ advanced โ†’ sculpt plane โ†’ X Plane or Y Plane or Z Plane.

Even It would be help to understand my question as Kor Language.

์Šค์ปฌํ•‘ ๋ธŒ๋Ÿฌ์‰ฌ๋กœ ๋ฉด์„ ๋Œ์ถœ ์‹œํ‚ฌ ๋•Œ ๋ฉด์˜ ๋Œ์ถœ๋˜๋Š” ๋ฐฉํ–ฅ์ด normal ๋ฐฉํ–ฅ์ด ์•„๋‹Œ ์ž„์˜์˜ ๊ธ€๋กœ๋ฒŒ ์ถ• ๋ฐฉํ–ฅ์œผ๋กœ ์„ค์ • ํ•˜๊ณ  ์‹ถ์Šต๋‹ˆ๋‹ค.

์ด๋™ ๋„๊ตฌ๋ฅผ ์‚ฌ์šฉํ•  ๋•Œ, ๋ชจ๋“  ์›€์ง์ž„์€ ๋‹น์‹ ์˜ ์‹œ์•ผ์™€ ๊ฐ™์€ ํ‰๋ฉด์—์„œ ์ผ์–ด๋‚œ๋‹ค. ์ƒ์œ„ ๋ทฐ๋กœ ์„ค์ •ํ•˜๊ณ  ์›€์ง์ž„์€ ๊ทธ ๋น„ํ–‰๊ธฐ์— ์žˆ๋‹ค. ๊ด€์ ์„ ๋„๋Š” ๊ฒƒ์ด ๋„์›€์ด ๋  ๊ฒƒ์ด๋‹ค.

๋˜ํ•œ, ์ •์ƒ์ ์ธ ์ด๋™ ์„ค์ •์„ ์„ ํƒ ํ•ด์ œํ•˜์„ธ์š”.

Thanks for your help Bezzo. butโ€ฆ I canโ€™t understand your said exactly.

You mean should I have to work on the X plane or Y plane or Z plane viewer right?

1 Like

Ysculpt
it is what I want to do on the nomad sculpt.

Can I do it on the nomad sculpt too?

So I hope sculpting on not the X, or Y or Z plane view. I just want work on the 3D view. not 2D view.

Iโ€™m just curious, youโ€™re the only one since Nomad Sculpt came out asking about this feature, what does it actually do ? Isnโ€™t there a video on Youtube to see what you want to do or what exactly this function does in Blender ? So, maybe post a video link.

wellโ€ฆ Iโ€™m so surprise for your mentioned " youโ€™re the only one since Nomad Sculpt came out asking about this feature".

Blender has this feature very long time ago. thatโ€™s why I surprised from your mentioned.
So I have to fix and modify some height field as brushing. it should be up to Z height.

Do you know about the Height map? for the 3D game field?
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=height+map+brush

it can be draw on the photo shop or some other tool. Yes right. but I just want to do it in the nomad sculpt on my Pad. because it just feel comfortable to me.

So actually. Not only for the height map. I have to use the axis brushing to modify some depth map too.

It should be watching on the 3D view. ํ•œ๊ตญ์–ด๋กœ ๋Œ€ํ™” ํ•  ์ˆ˜๋งŒ ์žˆ์œผ๋ฉด ์›์ด ์—†๊ฒ ๋„ค์š”โ€ฆ ๋„ˆ๋ฌด ๋‹ต๋‹ตํ•˜๊ตฐ์š”โ€ฆ

2D depth map์œผ๋กœ ์ž‘์—…์„ ํ•˜๋Š” ๊ฒƒ๊ณผ 3D ์ƒ์—์„œ Depth map์„ ์ˆ˜์ • ํ•˜๋Š” ๊ฒƒ์€ ์ฐจ์ด๊ฐ€ ์—„์ฒญ๋‚˜๊ฒŒ ํฝ๋‹ˆ๋‹ค.

๋ˆˆ์œผ๋กœ ์–ด๋Š์ •๋„ ๋Œ์ถœ๋˜๋Š” ์ง€๋ฅผ ํ™•์ธํ•˜๋ฉฐ ์ˆ˜์ •์„ ํ•ด์•ผ ํ•˜๋‹ˆ๊นŒ์š”.

์ €๋Š” ๊ทธ๊ฑธ ๋ˆ„์›Œ์„œ ํŽธํ•˜๊ฒŒ ํŒจ๋“œ๋กœ ์ž‘์—…ํ•˜๊ณ  ์‹ถ์„ ๋ฟ์ž…๋‹ˆ๋‹ค.

There is a huge difference between working with a 2D depth map and modifying a depth map in 3D.

You have to visually check how much it protrudes and make corrections.

I just want to lie down on it and work comfortably on the pad.

You can edit and create wonderful heightmaps with Nomad Sculpt. If thatโ€™s not enough for you, then unfortunately youโ€™re out of luck.
A hightmap is 2D so you have to work with a plane primitive.
There is no LOCK xyz Axis for the brush tools.

Sorryโ€ฆ I donโ€™t need render height map eitherโ€ฆ I just want brushing height field. not for the mapโ€ฆ no need bake too. Hmmmโ€ฆ I realized now. Nomad Sculpt do not support basic axis plane sculpt.

Have a great day folks. This question has done. I donโ€™t need anything now. Take care of you. bye bye.

1 Like

Maybe try Flatten tool with lock plane / lock plane origin setting??
Sorry couldnโ€™t help

Donโ€™t be sorry Bezzo. It was helpful thing already. Thanks for your kindness.