Camera rack focus test

I’ve been trying to figure out how to manipulate the various subtleties of post processing to use for an animated project I’m working on. I’m trying to stay away from screen recording as much as I can, so experimenting with slightly moving the DoF effect and exporting every time - a combo of old classical animation techniques but with a 3D scene. I think it turned out well but - I hope - at some point in the future we can record movements from camera to camera or various focal depths within a scene to make this easier :rofl:

3 Likes

Nice! Was just thinking about this very thing tonight. Thought about creating an animation of one of my sculpts by rendering out each frame then compiling them in procreate lol! Would love to see other options like camera keyframed movements or focal length slides as you mentioned. Awesome work!:v:

1 Like

I like making the old school animations out of some of my sculptures, some scenes I’ve even used a cube or something as a place marker, sometimes I forget get to hide it before I export the image lol, it sucks if you’ve moved everything and have to go back. Haven’t played with the depth of field yet but a great idea, I’ll have to give it a whirl

2 Likes

Hey thanks! Yeah I thought about animation but drawing is more my forte so if I utilize figure animation it’ll be using procreate with a combo of After Effects or DaVinci Resolve!

1 Like

Haha yeah I’ve forgotten to turn layers on or hidden lights etc - really a pain when you have 20-30 frames and have to do them all over lolo

2 Likes

In After Effects you can enable Frame blending and get away with 10 or less frames.

1 Like

Yes I know Ae can make a lot of things easier - I’m learning it bit by bit as I require it. I do think having a programmable/recordable camera, or a tilt shift/DoF camera slider in Nomad would be a game changer for filmmakers like me. I do think the future is mobile.

1 Like