Brandt Peters Sculpt Gallery

It’s nice to meet everyone… A buddy of mine @stevetalkowski inspired me to jump into Nomad and I haven’t looked back. I have tried all (maybe most) 3D sculpting apps on IPad and I really haven’t been happy till now. I finally can design and develop at my comfort level. Looking forward to sharing new sculpts and projects with you all as I grow as a Nomad Sculptor. I welcome discussion and critique.

Here is a final render of my take and style for Panthro bust (Thundercats). All modeling done in Nomad from start to finish as well as paint and materiality. About 2.5/3 days from start to finish. Still not finished… will be tweaking over time (and posting in process). I will be moving into more of my own designs and characters from this point.

9 Likes

Really loved the process over the past few days… Been digitally sculpting since ZBrush 4R7 and was able to wrap my head around NOMAD’s approach within a short while… already being implemented into my pipeline - more videos and visuals soon!

(This last image had me sculpting the eyes by hand… there are parts I really dig on this version, including painting more graphically on the eyes to create those eyelids. This would be fine as a sketch… but I’m going to go into layers and start using them as morph sliders. This meant I needed to go back and bring in eyes separately with symmetry. The first image posted shows this new approach, so I can move into layers better…)

4 Likes

Hey Brandt, great to see you on the Forum! This is such a great first sculpt from you. Looking forward to seeing your own characters being sculpted in Nomad. :slight_smile:

Thanks @stevetalkowski / I just jumped into the reference import this morning. Maybe I’ll take on that Yeti or Wherewolf design? Here is Panthro (final delivery with some pops and tweaks in Procreate). I feel like I really have my sea-legs after this training

5 Likes

nice! you gonna do the whole crew? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was planning on jumping on an updated Stingy Jack next!

1 Like

Designer vinyl artists! Hi guys…

Super nice work Brandt! And good to see Steve and Jeremy after all these years!

-Dave Quiles

3 Likes

Nomad Forum is the new SDCC! LOL

2 Likes

Haha! Our new virtual life. It’s a little dark in here, but far less crowded!

2 Likes

5 Likes

It’s been a year since I posted - I figured I would start uploading my new Nomad models…

5 Likes

Great sculpts man, welcome!
Layers in Nomad rocks! Color, roughness and metalness channels can be adjusted per-layer. I use those a lot. Position can go negative… and now you can extract to geometry.
Oh and in paint tool you can enable Layer filtering to repaint only already painted area of the layer.

1 Like