4GB of Ram (iPad Pro 3rd Gen), Still Enough?

so , better something more expensive and be good , than something cheaper and be bad

Hi, on your android tablet, nomad how much ram do you see as available? I have a new android and it see only 2gb but i have 6gb. Thanks

I tried to love the Ipad Pro for 2 years. Got one about 2 years ago, even upgraded to the M1 Genaration.
Yes the hardware is fine and yes some appas are well optimized for it, but the crippling limitations of the OS made me grumpy all the time.
At the end of the day it never became second nature, let alone a pleasure using it.
Finally I gave up and got the Samsung Galaxy TabS Ultra.
I couldn’t be more happy.
Amazing screen and screen estate, Nomad and all other apps I use on it, run great, easy and plenty multitasking options, especially the split screen, near desktop experience if needed ( samung dex) and finally I can move my files around whichever way I want in no time and can even work directly from external storage in most apps. By external storage I mean I have a micro sd permanetly slotted in, plus an external SSD.
I’ll never run out of storage. Is everything totally perfect with the OS? No, but it’s great and keeps getting better and better. Dex for example seemed gimicky at first, but meanwhle is super usable and still continues to improve.
I was hoping for Ipad OS to significantly improve, but realised, it never will, because Apple doesn’t want users to be too satisfied with owning only an Ipad. The Galaxy Tab is about as expensive as an Ipad Pro, but with this device I get the feeling Samsung gives me as much as possible for that money and a bonus on top.

Anyway, you may not recommend Android, but thanks a ton regardless for making it available on this platform. Nomad would have been the only thing keeping me on the otherwise dreaded Ipad.
Yet, nomad does actually work great on my sUltra. I don’t have performance issues, no crashes and no palm rejection issues. And the screen estate makes it feel like I’m working on a full blown laptop :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, your samsung how much ram have? And nomad how much ram read how available? Thanks.

It has 16 GB of memory. Right now Nomad uses 1.5 GB, but it really depends what I am working on.

On my android with 6gb of ram used 2,2gb… i hope in a metode for allocate more ram for nomad.