Works in progress

Yeah, I’m interested in this SSS tutorial as well, please. Any links? :slight_smile:

Cheers Adam, as you’re a child of the 80s (judging by your sculpts) my inspiration for how I draw dragons has always been ‘Flight Of Dragons’ which you must have seen…?

Quick bunny sketch :wink:

14 Likes

Hahaha - great guy! Love the expression.

1 Like

Yep, great expression!

1 Like

Great bunny! :+1:t2:

Yes I remember Flight Of Dragons. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Cheers guys, he was a fun little distraction, might finesse him a bit if I get time.

@Adam thought you’d recall FoD, still my favourite childhood toon, also one of James Earl Jones’ best roles and still get chills from his monologue…

Kids cartoons just aren’t as terrifying as they used to be :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

FYI Omadon would be a great addition to your nostalgic hall of fame

1 Like

Bunny update, made him a bit more ‘edgy’ & ‘street’ :yum:

13 Likes

Been a while since I’ve posted anything and finally got some time off so thought I’d revisit & rework my very first sculpt, sculpt and paint in Nomad, materials and rendered in Keyshot, post FX in Photoshop and Boris FX Optics.

Still need to do finer skin detail and work up the horns

7 Likes

Your works are always an eye candy and way ahead of average.
The only thing I wonder is, that last render could have been the lovely artistic style of zBrushs own renderer. Must have been not to easy to get hyper realistic keyshot to look like this? Very well done - and the result counts, not the way to get it.

1 Like

Cheers Knacki! Actually really simple in keyshot, standard skin material with a few adjustments and lit with exterior HDRi with a couple additional pinned coloured lights. Zbrush own renderer just can’t do skin quite as well

My Mac Studio (M1 Ultra) took 15mins to render it, SSS used to make doing renders like this prohibitive on my old 2012 cheese grater Pro

15 min Jeez, during all these decades I regret to render more than 10 seconds….at least I try - most is for animation though. But under the line one can see the difference of a decent render engine very clearly.

Anyway, it’s time to switch to unreal 5! I really have to dive into it. Or have you seen new unity cinematic? Almost impossible to say if it’s real or not.

I wonder….when will there be a GoZ for these programs, that would make sense to me. But sorry to fill your thread with these thoughts. I am a bit brainfu**ed by new possibilities, not game engine only. AI! It’s scary and fascinating…scarynating it is.

1 Like

Keyshot is pricey I’ll admit but it’s for work and gets results with practically zero learning curve. I have installed UE5 but it is daunting in its scale and still very game centric, hopefully there will come along a more user friendly GUI overlay similar to Keyshot for drag and drop visualisation. Epic’s Twin Motion is close but too geared to Archviz

WiP to test the new curve repeater for horns! :yum:

5 Likes