Works in progress (ray)

4 Likes

3 Likes

Good start! Keep it on!

1 Like

Some progress on the woman from the first post

5 Likes

Been working on a likeness sculpt of actress Chloë Grace Moretz for some weeks now. So much fun in Nomad. I love ZBrush too but never got anything close to looking human with it.

Still figuring out hair

10 Likes

Saw the likeness instantly.very nicely done

1 Like

Great likeness!

1 Like

I didn’t recognize the name but definitely the face so nicely done!

1 Like

Very nice work!

1 Like

Thanks for your nice replies! Next up, actor Thomas Brodie Sangster

2 Likes

Some hours more work not sure if it’s going in the right direction

6 Likes

I think they both look really good - he looks younger in the first and slightly older in the second one. I’m curious do you play around with perspective focal length when trying to match a reference image? I find it can be quite tricky to work out the correct one

Thanks Jim. Yes I try to match the FOV. It’s tricky sometimes the only hint is the ear distance:

Most reference images I use seem to have a FOV of 5-15 degrees (cropped picture from a tele lens). Nomad goes down to 10 only, so for some I have to pick orthogonal (which is 0 technically)

2 Likes

New update Thomas Brodie Sangster, age was aimed at the average between the last two versions

Some skin details next, then I’ll going to try to print this as bust as a birthday gift…

8 Likes

I’ve been working on a setup so I can render in Octane side by side on the tablet

using free tools, Anydesk Remote Desktop (better picture quality than MS RDP), X-Plore for ftp exchange, Blender Octane edition with a script (thanks to ChatGPT) that downloads the model from Normad over the ftp . It’s Android but something similar should be possible with IOS. I’ll upload the script once it’s polished.

EDIT: => Tip: Nomad -> Octane Render free - #3 by ray

3 Likes

transformed him into “Jeffrey Dahmer”

4 Likes

Very nice! Recently i tend to separate the hair for better control.

Thanks! Hair is on a layer ready to be extracted

Printing done on a Mono X printer

9 Likes

Cool model