Texture wrapping an object

Say I’m sculpting a snake and want scales to wrap around the body would there be a way to do that in nomad? I know I could tile the pattern in with the stamp tool but it just doesn’t work as good as I’d like. And sculpting them is going to take a min lol! Thanks for any tips.

i had the exact same issue, as i had to create snake jewelries. and i have to say i have found no fast solutions here. any way with the right alpha (no tilling here), you can apply your scales little by little. it take some time, But actually the result might look better, more organic than tilling. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What I might try is masking the sides and where the scales change direction then making a bigger alpha with scales so I might get most of the snake then finish the harder side areas by hand. Thanks for the reply

1 Like

Alpha’s and play with the tiling to enhance/decrease the scales count, you could blanket it quite effectively with varying sizing scales this way with dynamic radius. Cloning the tool so you have a quick setup to swap between small/big scales also would make this task quicker.

1 Like