Steve Talkowski Sculpt Gallery

Hello! Huge shout out to Stephane for porting his amazing SculptGL over to iOS. I’ll be updating this thread with my test sketches and creations in Nomad. Here are a few images to kick things off:

18 Likes

Here’s a 20-minute video showing how I used primitives to block out form, then merge via voxels prior to sculpting.

5 Likes

Current WIP on the bust sketch. Wishing there were some more robust polygon editing tools for hard surface. Some workflow issues bugging me (constantly having to turn on and off select in viewport, funky assigning materials, remembering to turn off Global, then over to paint menu, etc.) but it’s getting there.

12 Likes

Nice stuff :slight_smile: looking forward to seeing more

2 Likes

I really love your art style can’t wait to see more !

3 Likes

Got some noodling in today. Was inspired by a recent viewing of My Octopus Teacher on Netflix (highly recommended!)

4 Likes

Experimenting with poly painting on both a PBR material, then switched over to MatCap, which has an interesting quality.

2 Likes

Here are a few from last weekend.

1 Like

Hard Surface exploration. Looking forward to parent/child hierarchy, booleans, and hopefully, some polygon editing tools - like adding edge loops, extruding faces, more precise ways to mask and scale regions, etc.

5 Likes

Poked at that previous base model throughout the day. Wanting for local axis transformations when in Symmetry mode. Also, would be nice to make a change to an already assigned material, VS having to go and reassign every piece when exploring color options. And, we REALLY need some type of parent/child hierarchy in the layer stack.

4 Likes

Here’s my first attempt at exporting .obj and uploading to Sketchfab, all from the iPad Pro.

5 Likes

Don’t forget to fool around with the brush falloff! Getting some wicked results with just toggling between add/subtract on a single brush. Brought over to Maya and rendered with a layered shader with curvature node in Redshift.

4 Likes

It’s been awhile since I posted. Here’s a quick sculpt done over the weekend, quickly taking a sketch to 3d.

6 Likes

Great sculpts!

1 Like

Just tried out the Web version, and it’s a pretty seamless transition! Worked great with my Intuos tablet on Windows 10.

Sadly, no save or export, so this one is lost to the digital ether. Would be nice to have export capability in the future if we already own the app on iPadOS.

6 Likes

Goofing around on a Saturday night.

6 Likes

Reminds me of the 80’s Madballs. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Got some late-night, stylized sculpting in this evening. #nosymmetry

5 Likes

Totally digging the new Radial Symmetry feature. Plus, it works great with the Insert tool! Is there a way to append custom geometry while using the Insert tool?

4 Likes

Leveraging the curvature attribute in post processing for this TRON inspired lighting setup.

9 Likes