Nomad Sculpt - Teamwork 10 - Game Boy in 10 Minutes (V1.65 - 15.4.2022)

A small tutorial on how to create a Game Boy of a Silhouette.

6 Likes

I always find your videos very informative. Thank you :+1:

1 Like

That’s a great method Holger. Just this morning I saw a 99 minute (part 1) tutorial video of how to model a gameboy. Albeit a more detailed version than yours but starting with your methods would’ve saved a lot of time :love_you_gesture:t3:

Dave has the peace and patience to spend hours on such a Game Boy… wonder where he gets the time to do his work :slightly_smiling_face: .
With this method and the right brush tools the basic model is done in a few minutes, if you want to add more details like the volume control etc. feel free to do so.
There is another trick with the silhouettes, I show it in another video, you can work with multiple views to create more complex 3D objects.
The small forklift is 2 silhouettes created in 10-15 minutes.
Even with all the details you should be 5 x faster.
The tutorial of Dave is also aimed at beginners who want to learn how to use the tools, I want to show how it can be done most quickly and effectively - and the object was still created by yourself.

3 Likes

I enjoyed your silhouette video. Can you elaborate on how you used two silhouettes for the forklift?

Thank you.

Sorry for the late reply.
You have to extrude e.g. another view - Top View. Then you cut this out of a cube and use it as a negative shape.
You cut this again from the first shape…

5 Likes

Very smart. And cool. I intend to try it. Thanks!