My Works :)

ohhhh gorgeous! and the belt is amazing! how you did do that?

1 Like

Nothing special, really. Mostly standard brush and inflate.
I’ll post some close ups tomorrow.

1 Like

6 Likes

I’ll do a short layer walkthrough video later

6 Likes

Whoa! This is great to know! I did not know that nomad could do this!!! :slight_smile:

Amazing job, really detailed and real.

Possibly a silly question. But looking at the textures that you made inside nomad and watching the quick video as well I’m still a little confused. This is probably because most of my 3D knowledge is nomad based. How do you go about creating the images for these textures? Is it one image that has a displacement map built-in or two separate images (picture & displacement?) I would love to explore this but am not sure how to start. Appreciate any help :slight_smile:

Thanks guys!

Hope this helps.

I use tileable textures in project screen mode. Mostly 1024x1024. Sometimes 2Kx2K
Use different layer to test which texture works best and to mix all the passes.
Everything else is color value, roughness and metalness used wisely, replicating real world look and feel.

Cheers!

6 Likes

sorry, the thread didn’t keep the area the same where I was originally commenting from. I’ll attach the images you posted that I’m referring to.

8dc363a0bcad1b48f38bb60e87800a0dcd980e6c_2_690x481
4adfacd1b67fe07c12c26e29db0c1c6d01eea3ab_2_690x388

4 Likes

Those were created with stamp tool - diffuse +displacement textures.
Got those from textures.com

Here I made another test:

12 Likes

Thanks Genko, really appreciate you taking the time to share this. This is absolutely amazing to me and I cannot wait to experiment with it.

1 Like

Could you please make a short tutorial, on how to do these kind of textures?

Have you done the colors/painting all by yourself, or were they part of the textures/stamps?

1 Like

Texture and sculpt are in one stamp. Then I may add texture and/or geometry if I need more detail, dirt, glossiness, etc. But those go in additional layers for more control.

I’ll make a video later.

2 Likes

@ToBe I’m glad you asked for a step by step. I attempted it yesterday and was still a little confused as to where to apply texture, diffuse and displacement. I ended up with not so great results lol. In all honesty I think the struggle is because these are new to me and nomad has pretty much been my gateway into 3D.

There you go - step by step video

15 Likes

Nice one :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

I’m going to watch this so many times!
Thanks Genko :star_struck:

1 Like

Thanks @Genko3D!

1 Like

11 Likes

The terrain stuff is mind blowing, didn’t think it would be this easy in Nomad.
What is this version though? I can see gizmo on left menu which would be super handy for me :thinking:

Is that the web demo?

1 Like