Mask features request + hard surface

Those are useful for painting details and protect specific area in detailed mesh

• shrinksMask, growMask
  • mask by cavity
  • mask by peak and valleys
    Those for hard surface detailing
  • Poly group or face sets With extra options
  • Hpolish brush
  • Trim dynamic brush
  • deformation panel’s for polishing
1 Like

This is how it works

2 Likes

Trim dynamic and trim adaptive

1 Like

I think trim dynamic is more or less similar to the flatten tool.

Maybe I’ll add an option to lock the plane, similarly to the trim adaptive.
I just need to think if it would be an option on the flatten tool, or another tool.

As for the other option, that’s a lot :slight_smile:, so not planned for now.
Maybe shrink Mask and grow Mask as they can also be used for other purposes than hard surface.

5 Likes

Not need to be in next release but in the future, thanks for take the time to reply and congratulations excellent job on the app…

2 Likes

I’m going to add to this since I also have some masking requests, but I would love to be able to use a brush like smudge to modify the mask the same as any paint layer to have a more intense blur, and to be able to do things like a curves filter on masks (which would help with things like a grow/shrink, as well as letting us do things like mask out the border of a selected region)

also from my experience with trim dynamic I think it automatically stops after a certain threshold of mesh curvature but I dont use it too often in ZB

1 Like

Hpolish is a fantastic brush with a wide range of uses. Doing some stylized rocks for work right now and find myself moving back to zbrush a lot for the last clean up that otherwise takes more time to to in Nomad. So an upvote for adding something similar to Nomad from me.

2 Likes