One of the many things I like about Nomad is the ability to reduce a complex scene verts count using lots of well built features like quad remeshing/normals baking/SS curvature settings in post processing.
I understand curvature happens in screen space, but can we get separate color settings per material/object? I’d love that from an artistic pov. Maybe a cryptomatte/color hash lookup combination could help assign different colors when doing the post processing pass?
Another thing I like is how beautiful the render output quality is for a realtime renderer. I want to make a game on iOS and the out of the box renderers (scenekit/realitykit) are kinda disappointing in terms of the render quality. @stephomi would you be willing to share some good reads that helped you build the Nomad renderer? I’m interested in the Refraction / SSS / SS curvature algorithms as I tend to use them a lot in Nomad and I want to move the same looks to the game. Are you using any standard/published algorithms for these features. Any tips are highly appreciated. ![]()
