Seeking Advice on Sculpting Detailed Facial Features

Hi there,

I am relatively new to Nomad Sculpt and I am fascinated by its experties. I have been experimenting with basic shapes and forms but now I want to dive into sculpting more detailed facial features like eyes, noses and lips. Is there anyone who can share tips and techniques on how to achieve realistic and expressive facial features in Nomad Sculpt ?
Particularly, I am curious about:

• What are some best practices for sculpting eyes to make them look lively ?
  • Techniques for shaping realistic noses and achieving proper proportions ?
  • Tips on sculpting lips that convey different emotions effectively ?

Any advice, tutorials or resources you can recommend would be greatly appreciated. I also went through this: https://forum.nomadsculpt.com/t/quick-dummy-base-head-mulesoft/ but couldn’t get helpful suggestions.

Looking forward to learning from your experiences.

Best way is to just dive in. Get some references and start sculpting. Once you get a few of each of the features under your belt, you can start to see where they might need refinement. Sometimes you just know something is off, but you just can’t see it because you’ve been staring at it for so long. Post a quick render and there’s always someone who can get very specific with what might need tweaking.

It’s not an overnight process though. It takes time with everyone. As long as you’re enjoying the process, getting better seems so much easier. Eventually, you will get to the underlying anatomy (muscle, bone, etc), but it depends on how far you want to take it.

Edit: Just noticed that it was a link to the base head that I made years ago…lol. That was just a quick way to get a base in (pretty sure it was before the base head was included in Nomad). Normally, it’s a process that takes a few minutes. Not really going to be very helpful in actually adding in the details depending on what kind of head you’re making. It was meant to get in a rough overall shape and have it roughly proportional before adding in the detail (of which, I added too much for a normal base, but my heads change with every sculpt).