I hope Android Nomad Sculpt app supports Bluetooth keypad shortcuts such as '8bitdo zero2'

It’s a really cool and great app. so good

However, it would be great if the Android Nomad Sculpt app supports Bluetooth keypad shortcuts such as ‘8bitdo zero2’.

In particular, for one-handed keyboards or keypads such as ‘8bitdo zero2’, you can change the shortcut keys with a keyboard mapping app such as ‘external keyboard helper pro’. If you use this, you can use the app really comfortably.

For example, in the Android version of Clip Studio, you can use the ‘8bitdo zero2’ keypad by changing the shortcut using the ‘external keyboard helper pro’ keyboard mapping app, which is very convenient.

(As a test, I tried keyboard mapping using ‘external keyboard helper pro’ for ‘8bitdo zero2’ in the Android version of Nomad Sculpt, but the shortcut does not work. If you use a general keyboard without keyboard mapping, the shortcut works, but the keyboard is large. Uncomfortable.)

I look forward to a great update that can improve workability nicely.

1 Like

Well - Android is not very restrictive for keyboard reassignment or external hardware. I coupled it with my switch Joy con without any problem.

BTW: The successor of the zero2 is available. Offering also support for iOS. For 20 € - I could not resist. 8bitdo even advertise the Micro as one hand input. Can give feedback, as soon I got it.

16 buttons fully re assignable to keyboard inputs (if I got it right from Amazon)…

For whom with interest: 8BitDo Micro Bluetooth Gamepad | 8BitDo

And for the gaming fans:

iOS and Android compatible, 2 triggers, 4 direction and one additional button (so 7 in total - however should be perfect to hold the tablet with left hand and draw with the pen). If anyone is interested: I should get mine mid of October - to test it out with my Samsung s7.

The link where I ordered (Aliexpress): 13 EUR

Mb02 Gaming Trigger