Starro Mask

Wanted something simple for Halloween this year so decided to sculpt and 3D print a Starro mask. I scanned my head with EM3D. I then extracted the mesh slightly to give a little wiggle room and printed a thin test mask to verify the fit of the mask - it fit like a glove. So now I’m sculpting the full starfish. I still have a bit more work to do but thought I’d share my progress so far.

The eye is a little big and I’m fighting to keep the hole small yet large so I can see out of it a little. Let me know what you think, any tips and pointers, etc.

7 Likes

Cool project indeed. Maybe moving the hole a little further you will have more margin of vision. In the original it seems more distant.

Thanks! I didn’t think of that. I’ll play around with it and see what it does :slight_smile:

Or you could integrate holes or slits into the ribbed pattern of the legs?

Yes, great idea

Good idea. I’m trying not to have too many holes but if I need to I can resort to that. Thanks for the idea!

I was thinking about shaping some cheesecloth or tulle to the eye shape so it’s somewhat see through and still paintable. Not sure though.